Nothing says fall quite like "pumpkins," so we are sharing this fantastic pumpkin alfredo recipe with you today. This alfredo is recipe is creamy, rich, tasty, braces-friendly (!) and has less calories and fat than your typical alfredo (thanks pumpkin!)
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Total: 20 mins
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound fettuccine (reserve 1 cup of pasta water)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2/3 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Bring a stockpot of water to a boil over high heat. Add a teaspoon of salt to the boiling water, then add fettuccine. Cook until al dente (check package instructions)
- Meanwhile, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in garlic and cook for about a minute, careful not to burn. Stir in half & half, Parmesan, pumpkin and nutmeg. Stir until sauce is heated through and cheese is melted. Stir in pasta water, about 1/4 cup at a time, until sauce is desired consistency (I used about 1/2 a cup, and it was thick and creamy. For a thinner sauce, use more water).
- Add pasta and cook over medium-high heat until sauce is smooth and pasta is well coated; about 1-2 minutes.
- Divide into bowls and garnish with fresh chopped parsley and fresh grated Parmesan, if desired.
A Hungry McFarland Orthodontics Staffer
I found this recipe here: https://www.yellowblissroad.com/pumpkin-alfredo/
Posted on 10/12/2018 at 10:33 AM